Sunday, July 19, 2015

Let it snow, let it snow, let it...rain.

Hola Familia! 

Whel, this week was quite interesting. First of all, CAMBIOS!!!!!! We`ve got changes here in Tupungato! Actually, every single companionship changed here in the Zona Valle de Uco. Crazy! My hijita Hermana Matamoros is going to Balloffet, San Rafael! My birthplace! I`m so excited. I`ll be revising my old agendas and finding tons of names and tips for her. I`m so excited! And what happens with yours truly? I`ll be staying here in Tupungato, with Hermana Dutra! I don`t know if I`ve shared any pictures or anything about her, but we both started in San Rafael together, and then both went to Quaymallèn, and then both became sister training leaders. Basically, we`ve always been together the whole mission, just never companions. I couldn`t believe it when they told me what was happening. Mi Brasilera Favorita!!!! I`m so excited. 

Anyway, so how was this week? Pretty crazy. I`m sending some pictures from last p-day and the snow that we found. Also, there`s a picture of me with a bunch of clouds behind me. That`s what Zonda looks like before it passes through. Zonda, which is basically just lots and lots of wind and dust and trees falling and the like. But we heard from the members that after Zonda comes through, the next couple days it always rains or snows. So we were all rooting for snow, cuz I really want to see some Argentine snowflakes...  buuuuuuuuuuut, rain won. :( Still fun, but well, rain. :( 

This week we finished off our Tres a La Vez en Cada Pueblo activities. The activities we`ve been doing in each area with the Talent Show and Gracias a que Èl Vive. This week we did two back to back, and everyone stayed overnight in appartments of other missionaries. Hermana Matamoros and I stayed with the senior couple, which was great. Elder and Sister Maseda. They`re so great. I felt like I was staying over at my grandparent`s house. So grandmas and grandpas, I was thinking of all you guys this week! :)

Let`s see...what else can I tell you about. Ah. When we were in Tunuyan, doing the Gracias a Que El Vive whiteboard activity, some girls stopped by to write something on the board. We asked if she had met with the missionaries before, and she said yes. For ten years. I kept talking to her, because I was so intrigued, and she told me her story. She said that her birthday was in three days, and she was going to turn 18, so she could get baptized at the end of the year. Because her parents are really closed and really didn`t want her to take the lessons or get baptized. She said they wouldn`t let her go to chruch either, so instead she had just been reading the book of mormon and the liahonas. She had also been to EFY, and had helped out the missionaries a lot, and helped two of their investigators get baptized. I wanted to cry, I was so inspired. I took a picture with her, because I want to always remember her example. When she left I just had this overwhelming feeling of how blessed I was, and how easy I had it sometimes. Anyway, I just was really touched by her example, and her undying faith and perseverance. An example to everyone. Her name is Tamara if you want to send some prayers her way.

Welp, I guess that`s about it for this week. Thanks for tuning in! Love you all! 

Hermana Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment