Monday, July 6, 2015

Just a little slow

Mis Queridos: 

Hey! Iiiiiiiiiiiit`s pday! Today we went to Manzano, which is just like a camping place up in the mountains. We went with all the missionaries in the district, our misson leader and one of the ward missionaries, cooked up some asado, hiked a little bit, and threw a ball around. It was super great. But the best part is that there was SNOW! ...okay so just like a tiny bit by the side of the creek, and it was kind of more like just ice, but we had fun throwing it around. And I can die happy now, cuz I`ve been really wanting to see snow here in Argentina. I miss my Utah snow. So, anyway it was great. I took some pictures, but forgot my camera cord, and although my comp sent me some pictures, I still haven`t gotten the email, so we`ll see if I can send or not. Yay pdays! 

So, there`s this thing that happens when you`re a sister training leader called responsibilities. (I have no idea if I spelled the right. please don`t judge. English isn`t a thing for me these days. ...make that months.) Anyway, so I don`t really have a lot to do as sister training leader, but it just so happens that this week we had our Mission Counsil meeting in Mendoza on Tuesday, so we traveled last monday night, and didn`t get back to work until wednesday afternoon because we also had our district meeting. But Wednesday I had to do exchanges with the Hermanas in Tunuyan until thursday when I got back with my companion and we did our weekly planning, which with the travel time it took from Tunuyan, we didn`t leave the appartment at all that day. Then friday we had our Tres a La Ves en Cordon de Plata activity (remember the activity we had in Tupungato the other week? we did the same thing in another area, Cordon, and we`re going to do it in the other two areas, Tunuyan and Consulta this week. Good fun! And lots of good new investigators and member participation too. Manso.) So anyway, then saturday there was the soccer tournament with Argentina and Chile so we couldn`t leave the appartment after 4:30. 

Anyway, I guess you get the picture. Moral of the story is, even though I was doing lots of things, I wasn`t really in my area, which is a bummer. But, I was talking with the zone leaders about it today, who were feeling the same way, and we came to the conclusion that a lot of the work that we do, we do so that the other missionaries can spend their time not worrying about those things, and working in their areas. And it`s true! Somtimes it`s little discouraging because I kind of just want a regular day with a regular schedule, and regular investigator visits. BUT, it`s all good. I`ve made a goal this week to really take advantage of the little things I can do to share the gospel, even when I`m not in my own area, or when I`m traveling or things like that. For example, this week I talked to a lady on the bus, and another lady cleaning in front of her store, and I`ve found that it`s those little things, where I can share a little of my testimony with people that make me feel a little more like a regular missionary. 

So, sorry I don`t have much news about our investigators or less actives or anything. But that`s just kind of how this week went. 

Thanks for tuning in! haha Love you all! Have a great week! 

Hermana Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment