Monday, October 12, 2015

Justo Daract

Dear Family and Friends: 

Hey! So first things first, my new area is called Justo DARACT not Iraq jaja. That was a good thing to get cleared up. 

It was hard to leave Tupungato, but I was super excited and nervous for what was to come, I didn´t think too much about it. I miss the families and the area, but I also love San Luis, so it all just kind of evens out. 

My new Hija! Her name is Hermana Sandau, and she´s from Vernal Utah. She´s so great! I really wanted to send a whole bunch of pictures, but my memory card isn´t working. So, we´ll see if I can send some next week. She´s got red hair and freckles, I can tell you that jaja. She´s so great! How´s her spanish you ask? Well, let´s just say she took german for three years. jaja she said she was just confused when she say Mendoza Argentina on her mission call. So yeah. Basically I´ve spoken more english since thursday then I have my whole mission combined. So that´s a change. 

Actually, she´s doing really great with her spanish, I´m really impressed. Even if she doesn´t know the exact words, she jumps in where she can with the spanish she knows. Not like me at the beginning of my mission where I was avoiding eye contact with my companion so I wouldn´t have to give any part in the lessons haha. And I´ve been speaking as much spanish with her as I can, and she understands most of it. Where it gets hard for her is understanding the Argentines. Especially here in San Luis, the accent is different, and I´m still getting used to it as well. Justo Daract is a half hour walk from Cordoba, so the accent is really close to the accent from there, which is a bit more sing-songy. It´s really fun, I love it. 

And the area is so beautiful! And the members are great. So it´s a little branch, yesterday we had 19 people come to church. But we´ll see that grow, no worries. :) We´ve already met with some of the investigators the elders were working with, and we´re super excited about them. there´s not much to tell because we just got here friday afternoon since it´s a five hour drive to San Luis from Mendoza, and then another forty minute bus from the terminal in Villa Mercedes to Justo. Then we spent a lot of time planning and cleaning out the area book. It´s been somwhere in the 10 year range since there have been sisters in the area, actually. So we´re making history me and Hermana Sandau! Wahoo! 

So this week we´re getting right to work, and I´ll let you know how things go. The area isn´t too large, but it´s all full of houses, not as much farming feilds as I´m used to, so there´s lots of people to see. 

I guess the moral of this week is, no matter the task, the area, the challenges, with God, all things are possible, and I know that. The power of prayer is real, and I´ll be using it a lot this week. And the gift of tongues, also a powerful tool we´ll be seeing lots of these coming weeks. :) 

Love you all! 

Hermana Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment