Monday, October 19, 2015

And The Things Are Goin

Dear Fam and Friends: 

Another week in Justo Daract! Still going well, still love it lots! 

We`ve been able to meet lots of new people, and everyone we meet is super great. Very receptive, and show lots of interest! The only problem we`re having at the moment is getting a second appointment with people. We meet so many great investigators, and have great first lessons, but the second meeting something always happens and it falls through. So, we`ll keep working on it. 

As for the branch, it`s super great! The members are really nice, and they`ve been giving us lots of referals too, which has been helpful. They`re great member missionaries, and they have lots of hope for the branch`s future. 

And Hermana Sandau is doing great too! She`s learning really fast, and she`s starting to understand and be able to talk a little more. She`s a hard worker and has great ideas to add to the work too. We`re working hard! 

This week we went to a member`s house to eat lunch and we helped them make empanadas. They looked a little different than usual, but I didn`t think much of it till we started eating and everyone asks, do you like it? do you know what it is? I don`t remember how the word is in spanish, but they showed pictures, and apparently it was Emu meat. you know, like that ostrich thing? Yeah! It did taste different, but I liked it. The thing is that it was their pet apparently. I don`t remember his name, but they told us. ...so yeah! 

They also tell me they eat armadillo here. The elder`s quorem president says he`ll go out one of these days with his dogs to catch one so he can make it for us. So I`ll keep you posted! 

I guess that`s it for this week. Love you all! Sorry, no pictures. I don`t know if I`ll be able to send any more because the memory card won`t let me. I guess I`ll see what I can do. 

Love ya! 

Hermana Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment