Monday, May 4, 2015

We`re gonna try and upload some fotos, eh?

Dear Family: 

Looks like that`s gonna be "photo". Singular. Darn internet.

But hey! It`s actually going a whole lot faster today than before, so that`s been great. Stay on the sunny side, am I right? 

So Tupungato! I love it. At first, with all the cityness around, and me coming from the middle of the cordillera, I felt a little claustrophobic, and missed my old area a bit. I still do, I mean, in the sense that it will always be part of my heart, (aww!) but I`m super happy to be here in Tupungato, and I love the area, the members, everything. It`s pretty great. 

So basically there are only two districts in the zone, and ours has four sisters and four elders, two of which being the zone leaders. Also, the zone leaders, the other sisters, and us (we? us? I think we is correct, but it sounds weird) are all in the same Branch. The sisters live below us in the same appartment complex, so that`s been fun to see them every day and we eat lunch together a lot, in the pench and with the members. I like having six missionaries in the branch, but it`s just a bit of a culture shock, going from "Hermana Cannon and her lone hija two and a half hours away from civilization" to "Hermana Cannon, her Hondurian comp, and every other missionary, member, and random argentinan in the world".It`s been really great, I just have to learn to talk with and coordinate better with the other missionaries, so we can all share the load and work effectively. Tons of fun, and lots of work. 

The branch! They`re super great. Two sundays in a row we haven`t had a piano, which was sad. Basically they have a keyboard, but they don`t have the cord for it, so you can`t turn it on, play it, or do anything really that is neccessary for a keyboard. So we`ve been singing all the hymns a capella-ly. It reminds me of "to kill a mockingbird" (I think it is) where they go to the church for blacks, and they only have one hymnbook, so the conductor sings first and then everyone follows. It`s kinda like that except everyone has hymnbooks. Anyway, it`s interesting. Yesterday the branch president found out I play the piano so he`s gunna try and find a cord. Wahoo! 

The investigators. As of now, we`re teaching one lady named Adriana (I always say something different every day. Ana. Andrea, Aileen, I don`t know why her name is so hard to remember.) who`s pretty great. She`s very direct and a little stubborn, which is good and bad. Good because when she has a concern, she lets us know exactly what it is, and we`re easily able to address it. Then again, she`s also very slow to change her mind, and to open her heart, so it`s a bit tough teaching her. The good thing is that when she knows the gospel is true for herself, no doubt about it, she`ll be the faithfullest member on the face of the planet. 

Right now she doesn`t understand what the difference is between the Chruch of Jesus Christ, and every other church. So we`ve planned an in depth lesson on the apostasy that we`re looking forward to. Prayers for that would be appriciated. We really want her to be able to come to church, and that`s another big concern of hers. 

The other great investigators we`re teaching is a family of three boys, their mom, and her husband-not.husband. (Not married. Law of chastity, coming right up!) They`re a reference from the Relief Society president, and they`re pretty great. The son, Andres, 9 years old, was showing us the part he read of the Restauration pamphlet about prayer, and it was adorable. He had it all marked with colored pencil and everything. Ana, the mom, is pretty great too. She`s worried, as most moms are, about how to raise her kids in the kind of world that it is today. Luckily, the gospel`s been restored exactly for that. We`re excited to continue with them. We haven`t been able to meet with Gustavo, the father, because he works. The Argentine schedule really makes it hard to meet with complete families. Prayers in that regard, that we`ll be able to find them all together, would also be appreciated. 

Also meeting with lots of less actives, always lots of work to do in that area. 

Anyway, super excited to be here, training, and sister training leader-ing. Ah, had my first Council meeting as sister training leader, that was fun. 

Welp. I guess that`s it. Oh! We talked to our Recent Convert, Ana Laura, and she said we can do skype at her house. Wahoo! So I should be getting on at 6pm, Argentina time. Which is either 2 or 3 pm Utah time. I forget. The daylight savings threw me off. You can google it. It sounds like that should work for everyone, from what you`ve told and haven`t told me haha. Can`t wait to see you all! Have a great week! 

Hermana Cannon

p.s. The photo is of me and Hermana Matamoros. :) ...I think that`s the one I sent. haha



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment