Monday, May 18, 2015

Well This Is Strange

Dear Family:

So, due to the internet connection I decided to use the "basic HTML
view" of my email, because the computer told me it would be perhaps
faster. I don`t know if anyone besides Dad and Joey know what I`m
talking about, but basically I just feel like I went back in time. I`m
having flashbacks of second grade computer class. The whole, "you
didn`t know what you had until you don`t have it" thing. Anyway, it
seems to be working, because I can actually do the basics now, as in,
type an email to you guys, and open the emails you sent.

But anway, I seem to spend a lot of time complaining about the
internet here. Sorry. Old news. Let`s continue!

This week I got to do exchanges with the other two hermanas in the
branch. One of the privelages of being Sister Training Leader! Wahoo!
It went really well. I got to know Hermana Azeñero, from Peru, a
little better, and we had a great time. The best part was when we were
teaching one of her investigators, Ema. We taught lesson 3, about
faith, repentance, baptism, the holy ghost, and enduring to the end.
Hermana Azeñero is a great teacher. She really teaches so clearly and
simply, so the investigators really understand. What I especially
loved about her teaching was that when we talked about baptism,
somehow she also snuck the temple in there, and talked about the
importance of attending the temple, the things you can learn, and the
sealing ordinances we do inside. It caught me by surprise, but it
wasn`t off topic. A lot of times as missionaries, and in talking to
investigators, we tend to emphasize baptism, and that`s it. It`s true.
Baptism is really important, and a big part of the investigators`
lives, but it`s more important to remember that that isn`t the end.
Baptism is a covenant that should prepare us for the temple, to be
sealed as families, so that in the end, we can all live together, all
of God`s children, and be exalted with Him. Anyway, I was really
impressed with that. It`s great being a sister training leader,
because I get to learn lots from all the great sisters in the zone!

How`s Adriana you ask? Well, it just so happens that Hermana Matamoros
went to visit her without me, during exchanges. But the lesson went
super well! She told me about it. Andd Guess what? Adriana said that
she has already gotten her answer that the message is true! They had a
really great lesson with her, and at the end, set a date for baptism!
Adriana said she would pray about it, so this Friday we`ll see how
things go. I`m so excited for her. A little bummed that I couldn`t be
there, but it`s all the same work. So now we`re working on bringing
members with us to all the lessons so she can get to know a few
members and be more motivated to come to church. Wahoo! Chruch on
sunday, and next stop, Temple! :)

We also have a lesson with a member tonight, with a new investigator,
Gladis. Don`t know if I told you about her. But she`s progressing
really well, and more than anything we want to get to know her whole
family, and teach them together. So I`ll keep you posted on that as
well.

But the best moment of the week was yesterday when we went to the
Cordoba Temple Dedication. Wow. I remembered going to a few temple
dedications at home, but wow. It was so great. I`ve really been
missing the temple here on the mission, since we don`t have one
closeby. And going to the dedication, it was extremely special. The
spirit there was so strong. I mean, we always teach the investigators
that the feeling in the temple is like how you feel in the sacrament
room emplified by 10, but wow. It`s true. And it`s been 9 months since
I`ve felt that, so it was really special. Go to the temple guys! It`s
the best place on earth.

It was a great meeting too. Elder Christopherson was there speaking
spanish, also Elder Zaballos, great to see him again! And Elder
Uchtdorf was there as well. He gave a little part at the beginning in
spanish, which was great to hear, and then the rest of his talk he had
a translator. It was super great.

Well, I guess that`s it. Love you all! Thanks for the love and
prayers! Have a great week!

Hermana Cannon

p.s. Happy Birthday last week Mariah! I wanted to send you a picture,
and then the internet wouldn`t let me. So I tried ataching it to this
email, we`ll see how it goes. Feliz Cumpleaños! :) Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment