Monday, December 21, 2015

Feliz Navidad!

Dear Family: 

Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit`s Christmas time! 

I can`t believe it`s almost here! This week we had some fun spreading the Christmas Spirit. We went out caroling. It kind of reminded me of the Halloween finding activity we did. Cuz just like no one really knows what Halloween is, no one really knows what caroling is either. We would knock on the door, they would come out, and we would just start singing, right? Caroling! Then after the song, we would ask if they would like to hear the Christmas story from the bible. One lady let us in, and says, "I always saw this type of stuff on TV, but I`ve never seen it here. I didn`t really know what to do." It was fun. 

We also acted out the Nativity with a recent convert family. That was also fun. I took some pictures, but technology isn`t on my side today, so I`ll have to send them later. 

We also made some fun Christmas cards with me and my companion to give out to members and investigators. 

Sigh. I love Christmas. 

Things are going well with Juan, the only problem is that he works a lot, so it`s hard to find him when we can, and also when a member can come with us... But he`s progressing well. Yesterday he had some questions about the holy ghost and the gift of tongues, and it was a little difficult. Afterward we were talking with the member who came with us, and she said, "he just needs to know that the chruch is true. Becuase once he knows it`s true, none of the other stuff will matter." And I can definitely testify to that. Once anyone knows that Joseph Smith was a prophet, the book of mormon is true, and that this church is the same restored church of Jesus Christ with a true and living prophet today, nothing else matters, and everything else makes sense.

Love you all! MERRY CHRISTMAS! See you on Friday! 

Oh, and next monday I won`t be emailing becuase we`re having p-day this friday for Christmas, and then I`ll email the following friday... I think. Something like that. Basically, don`t worry, you`ll be hearing from me. It just won`t be monday. 

Feliz navidad! 

Hermana Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment