Monday, April 13, 2015

Manso Semana

Fam and Friends: 

"Manso" literally means "meek" but here in Argentina they use it to say "Great" or "Cool" or "Holy macarole that`s quite awe-inspiring". So there`s the Castellano lesson for the day. Tune in next week! 

First things first. A while ago President Goates told us that before the Mendoza Mission was allowed to have 250 missionaries max, and now they`ve changed that number to 200. It doesn`t mean they`re going to send anyone home, it just means that there will be fewer missionaries sent here until we get down to 200. It also means they will be meshing and closing areas. So a few days ago we had our coorelation meeting the the Branch President. In the middle, he gets a call from...I`m not exactly sure. The Area president or counseler? Something like that. Anyway, someone important who was asking about the area, and the weekly attendance and everything. Not too long ago, the attendance was up in the 80s, and now it`s gotten down to mid 20s. We`re kind of scared they`re going to close the area. 

I know God always has a plan, and we have many great leaders in the church, and here in Argentina, that are inspired as to the decisions made in that aspect. But I really don`t want to area to close! I know that if they do take the missinaries from the area, it will be left in God`s hands. But... we`ve been praying lots. It will take quite a few miraces to get the attendance up, and to strengthen the area. But I believe in a God of miracles. More than anything I just want to be a worthy instrument in God`s hands and do everything in my power, and His, to strengthen the area and leave it better than we found it, pasa lo que pasa. 

So, we`ve been trying some different things. And this week, I`ve never felt more dedicated, more busy, more fullfilled than all my mission. I think I got a tiny taste of what it must be like to be the US President. Or even Relief Society President for that matter. And we`ve begun to see results! Small and simple things, but that´s how great things are brought to pass, no es cierto? 

This week we met with a whole bunch of less actives, and a couple families are even starting up family prayer, and family scripture study again! It`s great to see their progression. 

We also met a few new investigators. One woman even said, "I don`t really know why I let you in. I don`t normally like to get involved in religion." And we kind of just looked at her like, yeah, we just might know of a still small reason why you let us in. Sigh. I love missionary work. 

Uh, let`s see. Ooh, I taught the Gospel Principles class yesterday! And it went really well! We talked about the naturaleza de Dios and we did a little Get to know you questionaire of Him. Name, Where he lives, What makes him happy, what makes him sad, what bugs him, we drew a picture of him. It was great. My favorite part was answering what things he likes to do. Listen to our prayers. Watch us serve others. Bless his children. And then there`s Moses 1:39. His whole work and Glory, is us. Everything he does, he does for us. 

I know that`s true. God lives. He loves us. He does everything for us. And only asks in return that we follow his commandments, remember His Son Jesus Christ, do the little primary answer things. Pray. Repent. Read the Scriptures. Go to Chruch. Serve others. I`m so grateful for this gospel, I`m grateful for the Atonement of Jesus Christ and for the Sacrament. I know this chruch is the true one. And I`m so grateful to be a part of it! 

A pinch of salt, and lots of love, 
Hermana Cannon

p.s. Last p-day we went to the "Shopping" and Bowling. It was fun. We also went to the Other sister`s apartment and roasted Panchos on the stove. Also fun. :) Chao! 



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment