Monday, March 2, 2015

Animo de los Andes

Dear Familia:

This week was so great! This week we found a new investigator named Celina, and we`re really excited to be working with her. She had met with the missionaries before, but she said herself, I feel like back then I wasn`t really ready to learn all this. Now, with you two, I feel like I`m ready. Wahoo! Nothing better to hear from investigators. We have another appoinment with her today, so I`ll let you know how it goes! 

Also this week, we met with another investigator named Edelmira, an Hermana in her 40s. She`s been going through a lot of tough times lately. After our visit with her, she said she feels like she has more purpose, feels more support, and the care that God has for her, and it was very sweet. Prayers for her would be appreciated. That she can feel God`s love, and have the strength to keep going, even when things are hard. Thanks so much! 

Speaking of prayer, this week I wanted to bear my testimony of the power of prayer. This week I made a goal to pray more specifically. Being a missionary, it`s actually pretty easy because after companionship planning we have every layed out in the planner, and I can just read down the list, asking to be able to find each person in their homes, and take a moment to pray specifically for their needs. And wow. The results were astounding. We had so many more lessons, I felt more love and care for the members and investigators, we recieved and contacted referrals and met lots of new people, and looking back on the week, I couldn`t believe what we had accomplished. 

I know that God directs this work, and there is no greater joy than knowing that you have an instrument in his hands in helping his children become closer to him.

Also this week, we played the "Por Que Estamos Aqui" game, one that Hermana Fernandez taught me. Whenever an appointment falls though, we imediately turn around and ask, why are we here? If we`re not meeting with this person today, why does God want us in this area? Who is here that we can find? Taking that way of thinking really helped us to work more effectively with every moment we`ve been given, and helped us combat the discouragement that comes when people don`t recieve us. 

I love missionary work! So great.  

I love you all! Have a great week!

Hermana Cannon

p.s. Here are some pictures of some new companions I had for the week. Hermana Nordgran, for intercambios, and a goat. For...intercambios... haha



NOTICE: This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential and privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.


No comments:

Post a Comment