Monday, December 22, 2014

I Wanna Wish You a Merry Christmas

Buen Dìa Todos! 

Once again, it´s a cold day today. Honestly, the weather here is worse than Utah. Scorching hot one day, and the next day you bring your coat back out. It really is weird. 

Anyway, enough small talk. Let´s get to them elephants in the room, eh? 

My new companion! I sent some pictures of Hermana Tirado just before she got on the bus. It felt weird after she left to stand there companionless. There were other companionless sisters there as well, so we kept eachother company for a few hours until the other bus showed up with our companions. No one had told me the name of my new companion, (they´re very mysterious about those things in the officinas...haha) so I just kind of waited as people got off the bus looking for another companionless sister. Sure enough, an Argentine shows up and says, "Hermana Cannon? Soy su companera!" Hermana Lopez. Hooray! 

After talking a bit I find out that she´s only here for a week. Apparently (as the secretary finally called and let me know) My new companion Hermana also-nameless-for-the-moment from Mexico, was serving in Mexico, went home with health problems or the likes, and now has recovered and was reasigned to this mission. So at 6 tonight we all travel to Mendoza for the Mission Christmas Party tomorrow, and either tonight or tomorrow Hermana still-nameless-as-I-have-no-new-information-on-the-subject will show up and we´ll travel back to San Rafael together Teusday. 

Pretty crazy! The good news is Hermana Lopez is extremely tranquila and "Rey contenta" as she keeps saying, as I try and figure out how to run this area without Hermana Tirado. And it´s been a great practice for when Hermana yep-I-think-you-get-the-idea comes in. 

So, yes. That´s how things have been going this week, basically. It´s kind of how it is on the mission sometimes. You just kind of go with what you have, speak spanish, talk and visit with people, and in the end, as long as you keep close to the spirit and pray lots, it all works out just how it´s supposed to. 

Anyway, what else happened this week? We had a Ward Christmas Dinner on Friday, that was fun. Especially since we showed up at 8:30 when it was supposed to start, and hung around till 10:15 when they finally said the opening prayer. Don´t worry, we had permission from the District leader to stay a little later since we live about 30 seconds from the chappel, but we basically just ate and left. Also, during all the hanging around we spent some time talking to Telma, our investigator! She came! Woot! Then we invited her to the baptism in another ward the next day, and even though I made some mean banana bread, she didn´t show up. So that was sad. But we still have high hopes that she´ll keep progressing and hopefully come to church one of these sundays, so any extra prayers for her would be appreciated. 

We also visited with some Antiguos Investigadores, and that went really well. But I think my favorite lesson this week was with a menos activa, Hermana Sandra. We hadn´t passed by in about a month, and whenever we had she hadn´t been home. But yesterday we dropped by and she let us in to share "El es la Dàdiva". They didn´t have internet and I didn´t have my flashdrive, so we couldn´t watch the video. But we read John 3:16 and talked about, well, Christ. I mean, the lesson wasn´t really all the special, but just to be there, bearing testimony of Jesus Christ, and thinking not only on his birth, but his life, his atonement, his ressurection, and especially the love that he has for us, as his family. I know, with all my heart that he lives. I know that God sent Christ to this earth for us, and that because of that, we can be clean. We can change. We can become like Him. Best of all, we can live forever with our families in Heaven. I´m so thankful for Him, and for everyone in my life that have helped me stay close to him, through words, testimony and example. 

A Merry Christmas to all! God bless us, every one! 

Hermana Cannon

p.s. The other picture is my little model christmas card for yalls. Feliz Navidad! (da-nuh nuh-nuh nuh nuh-nuh) Feliz navidad! (da-nuh nah-nah nah nah-nah) Feliz navidad, prospero año y felizidad! 

No comments:

Post a Comment