Monday, October 6, 2014

A Bunch of Firsts

Well Hello There: 

First off, that title of last week´s email was embarrassing. Yeah, nuff said. 

So this week I had a lot of firsts happen. Firstly, (hah. Kind of punny. Sort of.) I had my first "Godhead" discussion. This lady and her husband were washing their car outside, and after giving them a passalong card, I don´t know how it came up, but we started discussing the Godhead and how they thought we believed in three gods, and that they believe in only one, but that He´s sometimes called the son because he was the son of mary. Anyway, you all know how it goes. It wasn´t any fiery arguement or anything, just basically an exchange of beliefs. And afterwards I was like, hey! That one discussion everyone always talks about! I just had it! And yeah, it was cool. 

My second first, (heh, still funny) me caì! Wahoo! I took a picture too, the one with me by the wall that says "freestyle es vida". Lemmie splain. So Hna Tirado and I walk outside of our appartment all chill like, heading to district meeting. We look across the street, and there´s our bus. So we´re like, yeah we kinda need to be on that thing RIGHT NOW. So we run across the street, and I jump from the street to the curb, right? I´m telling you, it was like a baseball player skidding into home. It was like...what´s that thing called where you swing around and do crazy stuff on the dance floor? Yeah, it was like that. There was no blood or anything, and we successfully got on the bus and to the district meeting. But I ripped my nylons (you can´t really see it in the picture) and we happened to pass by that graffiti, so I had to take a picture. 

My third first, General Conference! Sigh. So good. At first they couldn´t get the english session working so we gringos watched the relief society session, and one session of conference in spanish. It was kind of cool becuase they do the whole voice over thing, and it was interesting to see the apostles, but hear some spanish guy talking, but it was kind of hard to understand, so I was glad they got the english session working. And so cool that they had them speak in different languages! I was watching the spanish session when the Cantonese guy was speaking, so that was kind of cool to have it translated from cantonese to spanish. 

All in all, I´m so thankful for the prophets that we have to lead our church, and the inspiration and support they are for me as a missionary, and a daughter of God. I know that Thomas S Monson truly is a prophet of God, and I´m so thankful for the chance to hear God´s word through him and the other church leaders. It truly is a blessing. 

And, back to the work! Love you all! 

Hermana Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment