Monday, September 1, 2014

I´m not good at titles

Dear Fam:

I don´t even know where to start. All the days and weeks kind of tend to melt together. 

First of all, Yay for Baby Elizabeth! I started reading all the emails sent to me about the baby, and seeing the pictures and I´m just sitting here crying and trying to stop crying so I can read and see and stuff, and it´s so exciting! I´m an aunt! Congratulations Katie and Tristan! I hope everything is still doing okay, and I´ll send some extra prayers to you and Elizabeth June this week. 

I guess I´ll talk a bit about some of our investigators. I think I already told you about Gisella, I don´t remember. But she was the first investigator we taught. She´s reading the book of mormon a little more now, and told us that she´s been thinking lately about how she wants to follow Christ. Wahoo! We gave her the first lesson and she said that she would read the pamphlet and pray about it, which is also good. 

We also found two investigatores de oro this week, which was exciting. First we found Gladys, a former investiagator, I don´t remember if I talked about her before either, but she also has a very strong desire to make some changes in her life and come to christ. We´ve only been able to meet with her once, but I can´t wait to work with her too, and help her strengthen her faith. 

The other golden investigator is named Telma. She lives across the street from a sister in the ward, and is a referral from this sister. We´ve only had one lesson from her as well, but she also has a great desire for truth, and told us that she´d come to the next lesson with a list of questions, which is great. With Telma, a lot of what has been great in working with her is that she´s already friends with a member. 

I know people say this all the time, but member missionary work? Yeah, it really works. Things really do go better when members help out in the work. The one lesson we had with Telma was basically me and my companion sitting there listening to Telma talk to Hermana Mirian, and listening to Hermana Mirian bear her testimony, share her own conversion story, and help Telma understand how to recieve answers through prayer. It was great because as missionaries we can share and teach, but there´s something about having a friend, a member in the church sitting there bearing testimony of the truth, that the investigator can so much easier apply the same truths in their own life. Missionaries need Members! 

The church is true. Prayer is real. And faith, paired with works, will bring success. I know that´s true. 

Love you all! 

Hermana Cannon

p.s. The pictures! The one of us sitting at the table is my Feliz cumple-mes picture. One month from my MTC date! Wahoo! My companion also finished one year on the mission this week, so we celebrated with french toast and peanut butter. 

The other picture is me standing next to a palm tree, and a pine tree. A strange phenomenon that you see all over here in Argentina. Still throws me off. Darn Clima. :) Chao! 

No comments:

Post a Comment