Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Day One MTC

Hola mi familia querida: 

They gave us a little bit of random time today to write tonight before bed, so here we go. 

Holy wow. Fire hose? Yep. I've gotten quite a bit of that today. From the moment out of the van it was "come here! Come here! Welcome! Welcome! Spanish spanish spanish!" Quite the adventure. It was nice though, because I was given no time to think about myself. And that's what I've been reminded all day. From the first moment from when I was set apart and now that I have my nametag, I've been reminded that this time I have been given to serve, these 18 months are not for me. It's for Christ.

I don't have a lot of time, I think my companion is done so I have to go. Just had a minute to tell you I'm alive and safe. And I love it here. The spirit is so strong, I have felt it every minute I've been here. This work is real guys. I'll write a letter tonight and send that along with more information. But I love you all and miss you all already! 

Oh, Pday is Tuesday for me so you'll hear from me again then. 

Love you all!

Hermana Cannon

No comments:

Post a Comment